Friday, February 03, 2006

Mall drawings and more...



Here are some mall drawings and a couple of random people sketches I'v done this week.. In there somewhere is a drawing of Kyle happily animating a sc.. such a cheery fellow... it's weird posting new work next to some old work.. You can really see the concious shift in my artistic direction.. I used to be all about making thing look "real". wheter that be through accuracy of likness of rendering techniques or whatever... Mostly because i was pretty bad at stylization. But once I decided that Animation was going to be the path that I wanted to take.. I started to focus more on getting the essence and character of a person across in a sketch. And flow... rather then technical accuracy.. It's still something I struggle with and have constant hit's and misses with as well... I think most of my approach back then was spurred on by an instructor telling me how crappy my face drawings were... So i felt a need to really shape up in that area... It's probably why i still draw many more facial studies than I do full figure ones.. Anyway.. enough babbling for today.. Have a good weekend!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

yea you really capturedme in a pleasnat moment. I love flash, and i think that really shows in that drawing, and i really like how you captured how much I have aged since working with flash this fall.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

It's taken years off my life as well..=)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Ahahaha, Kyle.... ahhaahaha(that's good laughter by the way)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home