Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More from the mall...


Nathan and I went back to the food court yesterday.. It wasn't as packed as before.. But there were still some interesting people about... I drew with sharpie.. and a little with a brush pen I borrowed from Nathan.. Man.. I can't daw with a sharpie at all.. But I know some people can.. I've seen the results.. Just requires a bit more confidence than I have at the moment... These drawings were done with a "look at the person for a few seconds and never look back" approach.. so they're not the most acurate.. but some of them captured the essence of the person.... I teach my first of 6 classes in "Advanced flash animation" at the local community college this afternoon.. It's probably not good that I don't have my lesson plan 100% locked down yet.. Better get to it.. Wish me luck...

8 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Wow, your drawings are amazing! Congratulations :)

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger kevin micallef said...

Nice confident line!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lovely sketches !!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lovely sketches !!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

Ha.. Thanks guys.. Appreciated.. The old lady in the bottom right is more of a joke than a good drawing.. i started to drawher and she left.. so I just quickly scribbled in something in my frustration.. it has a sort of fugly appeal to it ;)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Dan Elder said...

WOW your super good at getting emotion into your drawings. I would like to see some full figure stuff

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

Thanks danarchy.. I try.. I fall short of the mark alot with my facial expressions.. But i gotta keep trying.. Yeah.. it's been awhile since i've posted any full figure drawings.. been more into my tims and mall sketches..

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Dave James said...

Fantastic faces. Great gestures.

Look forward to seeing more.

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home