Monday, January 30, 2006

April...


April and Chloe fell asleep on the couch for a while late saturday afternoon. So I went to the study to do some doodling while I had the time. I ended up doing a little cartoony drawing of my wife with a blue colerase with the idea of scanning it and adding some color in photoshop.. Later that night they went out to a friends birthday party.. and as I have no scanner at home.. I decided to redraw the sketch on some brown construction paper with a weird old caligraphy marker I had.. Not my firsty choice.. but it was the only black ink utensil I had.. Then I added some whites and shadows with my derwent drawing pencils.. Meh.. It turned out ok.. If I learned anything it's that the construction paper that I have is pretty cheap.. it would almost start to disintergrate when any pressure was applied to it.. i think I'll still coor the original sketch in photoshop... the drawing was a little stronger than this.. and it's be neat to see how different / the same it'll be..

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Really nice and solid. Tis a very strong drawing!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

One of the better pieces I've seen so far...

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

hhrrrmmm.. i didn't notice until i got home how crappy and dark the scan was.. looked fine on my LCD monitor at work.. but I should have know.. it's really untrustworthy when it comes to color acuracy... oh well..

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Duker said...

Hey man !better be carefull ! if keep posting those drawing of your wife , first thing you'll know she will receive flowers and chocolat from secrets admirers.On the other hand keep posting drawing of you and you might get the goodies ;))

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

All I could draw of anyone would be a stickman kinda thing lol.

I draw like a 3 year old. I'm not joking. Guess I'm kinda artistically challenged.

Here is around my ability...

http://www.nrgnet.com/markus/stickman.jpg

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

HAHAH !! DUKER!! You stay away from my wife!! You now she has that restraining order against you!!!!

but I like your style.. More drawings of me = more swag for me.. hmmmmmm maybe I will try this duker... maybe i will...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home