Friday, February 10, 2006

Again with the Bears...





Some more bear concepts... i'm thinking big mouth... really big mouth. I appologize to Chris Sanders for not only directly trying to ripp off is style.. but for doing it badly. with the top page.. they basically look like furry jumba's.. but i like the way he treats his mouth shapes.. so I tried to copy some of that.... But I'm thinking big and smooshy.. with a huge gaping maw.. Somthing that could basically envelop a seal in one move.. The flash sktches in the middle mgiht be the direction i'm going... but i really don't know yet. They're a bit younger looking than i had in mind for the character.. i also like the top left hand one on the bottom page.. just for how simple he looks... still feeling it out and trying different approaches.. I personally think the one with the pompadore in the bottom page is my best bear design ever ;)....

11 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

These are some of the best drawings I've ever seen from you! Excellent work! I'm exciting to see your short finished

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger dcmackinlay said...

really nice bears. good luck on the short. (keep an eye on Nathan, though... you just never know with those guys)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Claude Richard said...

Lovely bears ! Good works.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love your bear design drawings!! They are so much fun and full of personality!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

These bears have a lot of life and personaliy in them...

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Freshyfresh said...

Your Bear drawings are great! The second Bear is my favourite, it looks so cute!
The portraits are great too!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Stanley Thunderbeard said...

love the bears! I also really loved the work you did on Doodlez. Yer a top notch animator my friend! Too bad you weren't around for season 1. Your bear design kick the ever lovin poo outta mine.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are truly inspiring! Great lines! Thanks for posting on my blog and the kind words as they mean so much to me. I added a link to you on my blog and love your work. Look forward to seein the next round!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

Geez... Thanks guys.. I don't feel worhty of some of these comments.. But I'll take 'em ;) Wow. Sean.. thanks.. I really loved working from your Doodlez boards when I got your episodes.. And Ghettofab.. thanks for the link.. I'll link you back for sure...

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Steve B said...

Awesome, awesome drawings! I see a high paying job for Jason at either Disney or Pixar in the immediate future.

I have a little "art" on my blog BTW. It's photography from a Caribbean vacation. Went To Puerto Rico, British Virgin Islands, St. Maarten, US VIrgin Islands and the Bahamas. Beaches, rainforests, mountains, not too bad. Of course, it don't take much talent to point & click, lol.

http://stevescafe.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger the doodlers said...

Nice to see you exploring this character's possibilities. Love yer bears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home