Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's been one of those days......




You know the kind.... The kind where you want to break all your pencils.. start a nice big fire with all your drawings and paper.. the kind of day where you're are someone in the studio is going to realize you've been faking it all along and will reveal your secret ineptitude to everyone else.. The kinda of day when you wish you made a career choice that relied more on your burgar flippery skills than your drawing ability... I'm not the only one who has these days right??? right? Or am I????

anyway.. Here are some drawings I did that day... yesterday....Of polar bears... they're development for a short that Nathan and I are going to work on. Not very solid drawings.. And many of them were quite frustrating to do.. nothing really close to what I want the character to actually look like.. but it's a start... and a couple of them are a bit too herobear-ish. And I also realized that I drew them all facing the same way... what's up with that.?? Man.. I need to find the groove again.....

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

That sounds something like the artist's equivalent of "writer's block". I wouldn't worry about it.

I one time made up a level on a game editor for the game "Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds" which I eventually intended to be a role playing campaign. This game is run on the "Age of Empires 2" engine. I knew how I wanted it to look, the storyline, etc. but my huge problem was figuring out the programming. I couldn't figure out how to text on the game with loops, etc.

The whole problem was my somewhat lacking programming skills in dealing with the editor and all the different commands. Even looking up solutions on the net didn't help any.

In the end, I did make up one level as a demo, but I never really followed through with it, as I gave up on frustration.
Maybe I should get back to it sometime...

http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=444&f=2&st=&ci=

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

Im diggin' the very top pic with teh bera on the top right! Very simple but nice design.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

NICE man, looks pretty damn good man. Love these Polar Bear sketches. Very strong man.

MAC

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

Thanks Steve, Kyle & Mark.... I just have to keep plugging away and narrow my focus on refining a couple of them... hopefully i can end up with something decent...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home