Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Adrian Wapcaplet






Sooo.. Nathan and I are venturing into our first animation jam.. or kinda.. we've got a piece of audio with 2 characters and we're each going to take a character and animate it without the other knowing what we're doing.. It'll be interesting. So I did some sketching last night of the character I'll be doing.. He's called Adrian Wapcaplet.. The audio's from a monty pyhton short. So think Jhn Cleese as a really over eager ad agency guy.. I usually start with the face.. That's where i usually find the character.. I initially sketched the second from the top page.. and I liked the 2 in the lower right hand corner.. And then I decided to play with shapes more. Go a bit less "Cleese" with them. I like the middle guy from the top page And there's something about a couple of them on the second page from the bottom too.. Still not 100% which one (if any of these) is the guy.. Any thoguhts?? Anything seem to fit Nathan?? You know the audio I'll be animating ;).. this should be fun =).

6 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

These are great and I never lie unlike Kyle :P (Kidding Kyle) Could you post the sound clip? It's hard to match the character without the clip. Cool!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

Hmm Yeah.. i would have done that when i posted this but... I don't know how?? =( give me some tips Jeremy and I'll put it up ;) We were thinking that if this jam goes well..that maybe you can join in on the next one.. we'll just find some audio with 3 characters in it and each take one of them.... could be fun.. ;)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

Here's an idea....why not draw a little slapstick cartoon featuring Mr. Bean and Basil Fawlty? :)

I would LOVE to see a TV episode where Mr. Bean checks into Fawlty Towers....utter chaos ensues...

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

GREAT characters! I think it's great you guys are getting together and animating old school.... paper animation is where it's at!
I think I'll go dust off my anim table ... maybe see what kind of magic will happen this weekend! hehe!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Hmm.. maybe you could save it as a movie clip instead of a sound file and load it up onto youtube. Yeah, doing multiple characters or maybe multiple shots sounds like fun, count me in!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

hmmm.. Gave that a try jeremy.. but for some reason it failed.. said it was an invalid file formatt.. even though it was the same formatt as the other things I posted.. oh well.. If you wanna try and find the audio.. look for monty python .. "String".. It was on the Contractual Obligation album.. And yeah.. for sure we'll do a three way one next time.... umm.. yeah... you heard me ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home