Friday, December 09, 2005

Mr. Waits



I found this drawing of Tom Waits when I was cleaning out my animation desk the other day... He qualifies as an animal.. Right??!. I love Waits' music.. I owe a big debt of thanks to my director Campbell MacKinlay and my friend Ian Gallant for introducing me to his music.. Tom's music has made many unbearably slow work days seem to fly by.. Sorry for the crappy scan.. It was a very light colerase sketch. I have no excuses for the lack of likeness though..

8 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

Great waits! you Batsard

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger nathan said...

nice face.. I don't know what he looks like so I can't judge you on likeness.. ha ha.. I like the mouth area

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

Thanks guys.. I've been itching to do a Cash one ever since I saw "Walk The Line".. Maybe I'll attempt one over the weekend..

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

wonderful face study i need to do that myself

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Nice Jason! I feel it's missing something though... hmm... he needs a hat! :P Watch out for Kyle too, I think he's calling you a bat's tard. That's guano. Not nice to call someone guano. Can't wait to see the cash! Fun stuff!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Catnapping said...

what a beautiful impression you've made of the eyes. the expression there...the thoughts going through his mind.

braVO.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Tom Waits is the king! Nice sketch!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

happy new tear's and all that good stuff an the best to u in this year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home