Thursday, January 12, 2006

Brush Pen Gorillas




Did some more brush pen drawings last night. Still don't really have the hang of it.. But I'm starting to see where it might go. There's somethign about the way the brush pen can lay down fast scribbley hatching that has a neat look to it.. I can't really do that.. But I can see how others can.. I can see how using it with a strong source of lighting can lead to a very powerful image.. I'm still in the area of making mistakes.. and then having to deal with them.. And theres tonnes of mistakes here..

Troy.. You should like these.. there was nary a pencil involved.. Just india ink and paper... then some grey scale markers afterwards... it's probably as close to cleanup drawing as I'll ever post ;). I just realized when scanning that i forgot to do the greyscale marker treatment to the top one.. oh well. I don't like the middle one soo much.. it was the first one i drew... bad porportions.. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep playing with these brush pens.. They're fun....

6 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Troy Little said...

Good boy. Commit! Ink those monkeys! It builds character.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

That's something you don't hear everyday. Besides who erases with pencil anyways :P No need to feel bad Jason, these are awesome!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

yea, these are really nice. And, as emotion goes, I really like the 2nd pic.

And never ever clean up another drawing, rough is the key my friend, cleaning up the dark side of the drawing medium, and must be fought until the bitter end. Do not give in Jason, I know you can keep it rough.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger willipino said...

cool drawings!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

Kyle.... I'm trying to keep it rough.. really ... I am.. but Troy's beatiful voice is soo seductive.... I feel myself...... needing... to.... to. CLEAN UP!!!!!....

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger nathan said...

I as well urge you to abandon cleanup....keep it rough!!! these are great. I actually like the middle one the best.. I think it has a good sense of light on the back of the shoulder and head... and that looks great with the brush pen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home