Friday, January 13, 2006

R.IP. Faber Castell Brush Pen



Well... My Black brush pen died last night... mid drawing... so.. to honor it.. I'm posting the drawing that killed it... It's a pretty bad drawing actually.. but it's the one that finnished off my pen.. I do have some grey scale ones and a burnt umber brush pen.. I hope to go pick up another black one over the weekend.. It's the top drawing that killed the pen. Which is basically one of the gorillas i posted yesterday with his head turned a bit more... The bottom one was done with a dark grey.. My grey scale brush pen are steadler.. and they are a bit thicker.. which is nice for filling in shadows.. And the tips seem to be made out of a beter substance than my faber castell one. which i think was just felt tip...

Anyway.. Still struggling to find my brush pen technique and having to deal with the permancy of ink... there's no going back with ink.. once it's there, it's there.. for better or for worse..

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Troy Little said...

Now Jason, some people will tell you that clean up is a terrible thing, and in truth it is. A mortal sin. But on no account listen to those voices! Those people have never dangled meat before the starving tiger!!

I say to you: Go! Place the irrevocable black line down and revel in its purity! Leave the scribbles to the children! Prove your manhood by committing to paper that which is un alterable and reek in the odious vapors of the Sharpie!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Matt Williames said...

Dude, monkeys rule! except, gorrilas are apes, not monkeys. Very read drawings ma man!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

The bottom one is sweet Jason! I'd say ink away as long as you don't lose the emotion/personality and it's working well so far.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Steve B said...

So was King Kong a good flick, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home