Friday, October 24, 2008

Long time no post...



So I haven't exactly been posting up a storm as of late. Hmm.. In fact I've been kinda lax the last few months it seems. I have been keeping myself somewhat busy here and there doing some animation work. Did a promo piece for Chuck Gammage that he took to OIAF. It apparently got a good response. We'll see if anything happens with it. And apparently I was involved with a piece that won something at OIAF as well. John Halfpenny submitted a sequence I animated for the Dark Years and it won for Television Animation for Adults. Congrats on that John!

I haven't been doing alot of digital drawing lately so I really don't have alot to post. I've been draing alot in my sketchbook and I am sadly without scanner. These two kiddie portraits are some of the last things I did digitally. Doing portraits of children is tough. I'm not sure I'm that good at it. I'm thinking about doing a series of portraits of ugly people.. Just for fun. :) And they'll be easier to draw too. If I ever start one I'll post it
.

It seems that I have passed my cartoon tastes on to my daughter. Her Grampy recently got her 3 goldfish and she quickly named them Fry, Bender, and Leela. And just to show that she is a harcore fan, she inititally wanted to call them Captain Yesterday, Super King, and Clobberella. Futurama fans will know what that means:). She also wanted to go out as Clobberella on Halloween. To my wife's releif she changed her mind this week and decided to go out as a princess. I still think Clobberella would have been hilarious:).

I had a birthday recently too. I'm now this old....


So that's been my life in a nutshell recently. Not much, but I thought I'd post something to keep this blog active. Have a good weekend.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Ahhh, haha, you're not that old at all! I know we go through this every year but you're just getting started. Congrats on all your successes! That's awesome to hear.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

so you a-goin's to update this thing??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home