Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Chloe's portraits

My daughter Chloe has recently grasped the concept of facial features and where to place them. It wasn't really a gradual thing, it just kinda happened all at once. One day scribbles.. The next, faces. She likes to draw on her magna doodle so some of the more inspired ones are lost forever. But every now and then I can convince her to draw on paper. here's are soe that I managed to get scanned recently.


Here's one she drew of April. I like how she gave her cartoon pupil eyes. She's been doing that alot with the faces she draws on her magna-doodle. Notice the many pony tail / barrettes around here head. And of course, the random color scribblings on top of everything.
Now this one amazed me. She got the colors and the features. And nostrils too. Nice touch.
So this is her first attempt at me. Drawn with a highlighter (sigh). But it turned out soo well I had to try and scan it. I like my nose and how she positioned my pupil looking up in a worried way. Very me. And hands and motion blur feet to boot! This next one is photoshop's attempt at making it easier on the eyes... Sure...
And last , but not least, is potatoe head Jason. Now this one was draw right after the last highlighter one. I now have eyebrows and fingers on my hands.. My feet are still blurry. I'm not sure what kind of subconscious commentary on me that is. I think the line under my mouth is her attempt at my beard.. or one of the lines is my mustache. not sure. She hasn't developed her facial hair techniques yet :). I liked how she added that one line to the top of the head and told me it was my hair. I mean.. I know I'm thinning.. But that's just ridiculous ;).

I wish I would have taken pictures of some of her magna-doodle drawings.. some of them were amazing. To the point where I thought my wife might have drawn them. I'll have to do that in the future. But all-in-all I have to say these are not too shabby. Especially for a girl who hasn't turned 3 yet. Keep drawing Chloe!!!

.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger 1 said...

your portraits are stunning :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home