Monday, May 12, 2008

Clint..


The man with no name.. or Blondie, Monco or Joe. Whatever nickname you want to give him. A couple of months ago a friend and I watched Yojimbo and Fistful of Dollars back to back. It was a great movie night that left me dying to try and draw Eastwood's iconic character. So today I was searching for some completely unrelated reference and I came across some pics of the man with no name. I took that as a sign and tried my stab at a sketch. It's very loose. Most of it drawn while zoomed way out on the canvas. That's why things are kinda scribbley. I couldn't see any definition in his eyes in the blurry ref so they are just dark slits of squint. Still wishing that sketchbook had a tool that acted more like a piece of conte. Maybe it does and I just don't know where to find it :).

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

shit dude!! NICCCE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home