Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Old man...


Man.. haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with work and any spare time i have I've been devoting to my short. Editing the animatic at the moment.. I haven't really been sketching that much lately.. Which is bad.. I can feel myself degrading day by day. And I've abandoned the "post every page of my sketchbook" idea.. Mostly because the only thing I've drawn in my sketchbook since my last post has been rough story boards & character concepts for my short.

This is a little color sketch of an old guy i found on http://earthsworld.com/index.html It's a neat site with lots of photos to sketch from. I did this while waiting for something to do this afternoon. And I just got something to do.. So..... I guess it's finnished. Man. the hair really bites.. I keep forgetting to treat it as an overall mass. I get caught up in the strandiness of it.. and then get bored.. and voila! I get hair like this... oh well.. Go check out the earthsworld link.. see if you can find the old guy...

14 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

Excellent piece of work, I really like how you did the lighting in that picture.

Will there be anymore pictures of the Chlo-bear forthcoming?;)

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jason C said...

Hahaha.. yes.. there will be more Chloe-bear at some point.. we've fallen really behind.. Not enough hours in the day..

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Yavuz said...

wow that´s really impressive. nice to see some other work from you.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

I just realized something....is this the same old guy who was in Metallica's "Enter Sandman" video?

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Jason C said...

Hahah. No.. I don't think he's the Enter sandman guy.. It's just some leathery guy..

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger nathan said...

hey... nice to see something... its been along time.... It looks great! really like the mouth on him...... Hope youre keeping busy... still want to see the animatic.. whenever you get it finished:)

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After hunting through several disgusting images, and nearly vomitting half-a-dozen times, I found the ol' bloke! (Not that I was really looking for him.) What a gem of a website; an insider's look at how grimm and desaturated the world is.......keep up the great work man.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

amazing painting! Love the detail and how you hand the skin.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Heh, you found me :P The new blog is still in beta while I try to fix bugs and what not. It's kind of frustrating because I'm not a web guy but its nice not to have deal with blogger and all its quirks.
I really like the old man feeling in this drawing. He could be a regular at Tims anytime :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger kelly erwin said...

nice painting dude!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Check out this cool Glen Keane lectures series. Funny this message sounds like spam :P

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

wheeeerreeeeeeeeee are you!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

I think Jason has been abducted by a UFO and been forced to shag with some alien females in the hope of producing some alien/human hybrids!

Can't see what else would explain the loooonnnggg absence...

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey jason, Its your cousin Nathan here. You have some amazing work. I really like this one. Keep up the great work. Best wishes to you and your famile.

cheers
Nathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home