Friday, April 07, 2006

Caricatures....



Found some really sweet caricature blogs last night.. Some of them had photos of the people they caricatured next to the end drawing.. They were pretty awesome.. I drew of couple of the models myself.. Nowhere near the caricaturing ability of the people who's blogs i was visiting.. They were good.. Very inspirational. Check out their sites..

http://marlomeekins.blogspot.com/

This is the place that I got my photo referance for these drawings.. See if you can spot them.. and then look at what an amazing job he did with them. Mind blowing.. Mine pale sadly in comparison.. they look tame...

http://existentialdreams.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Steve B said...

The guy on top looks like a cross between Austin Powers and Prince Charles...

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Skid Knee said...

I like what you did so far...I bet if you just pushed the crap out of every facial feature you could do some really awesome stuff like that Grigor guy. Because his stuff is ridiculously pushed...yeah. I have no clue what I'm talking about, but I think the key is to overly exaggerate to the max! Okay, I'm rambling.

ps, I like your drawerings.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Grigor is awesome! I have great respect for anyone who has mastered a skill and then starts bending the rules. Personally, I'm still working on mastering a skill :P

Umm.. one reason why your drawings might seem more tame in comparison is because you're thinking like animator. Being an animator and having to rotate a character kind of imposes certain limitations automatically. I wouldn't sweat it too much... just depends where you want your focus to be.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

Great sketches!

Shit Grigor can draw! OMG his shit's hilarious... thanks for the link!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

V coool drawings! great characters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home