Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jason Smash!!!



I did a little scribbley portrait doodle of Hulk this morning and threw some rushed color behind it. I then decided to go nuts and try and draw a full body Hulk. I was never very good at drawing the Hulk. I could never realy give him the awesome sense of sheer mass that he deserves. But I thought I'd give it a try. I managed to do a ruff drawing in flash without too many problems. Cleaning it up howerver... That's another story. Everytime I'd try and grab a small section of the artowrk to tweak it a bit and make it a bit tighter, large sections of the artwork would disapear or turn negative. That was really frustrating and really put me in a "Jason Smash!!" kinda mood. Don't know what flash was tripping out about but I just left the drawing in it's ruff state and added color.

I really have a love hate relationship with drawing in flash. Most of the time it feels like I'm drawing with a large melting crayon. This drawing was no exception. I've heard using a Cintiq goes a long way in making digi-drawing feel more organic. I'll have to give one a try someday. If only they weren't so damn expensive. :).

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger tinylittlesandra said...

Great work Jason, cant believe its been so long since I was here! Hope your well. I wont leave it so long to come back, if you dont leave it so long to post ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home