Friday, October 12, 2007

Memory Sketch..


Last night as I was upstairs looking after my girl I decided to try and re-draw my picture of Joe that I had drawn earlier that day from memory. I used a brush pen to do it. It was an interesting exercise. Naturally this is much more caricatured than my previous one. If I'm not working from reference I tend to be cartoony. You can see that I remembered some things pretty well.. While other aspects are much more generic. I could tell while I was drawing this that I spent more time studying the eye and nose for my previous drawing than anything else. Their details were still pretty clear in my head.. But things like the hair and such were not so clear. It was fun.. And I gave me a chance to play with my prismacolor markers. :).

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger swahnen said...

very nice illo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home